We open exhibition!
17/05/2018 12:22 h.
With the title "My name is Calotriton and only live to the Montseny!", the past 16 of May inaugurated the exhibition of the project Life Tritó Montseny.
This exhibition is made up of eight panels and a scale reproduction of the Montseny newt that will help us get to know this species, which is endemic to the torrents of the Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve.
The inauguration took place last Wednesday 16 May in the Casa de Cultura in Girona. The event also included a short presentation of the Life Tritó Montseny project and the conference "The Montseny newt: from genetics to conservation", by Mr. Emilio Valbuena-Ureña, a wildlife rehabilitator at the Torreferrusa Wild Fauna Recovery Centre and associate professor at the UAB.
18.00 h. Inauguration of the travelling exhibition on the Montseny newt "My name is Calotriton and I only live in Montseny", with speeches by Mr. Jesús Calderer, deputy for Natural Spaces of the Diputació de Barcelona and Mr. Lluís Costabella, deputy for the Environment of the Diputació de Girona.
18.15 h. Presentation of the Life Tritó Montseny project by Mr. Daniel Guinart, technical coordinator of the project.
18.30 h. Lecture "The Montseny newt: from genetics to conservation", by Mr. Emilio Valbuena-Ureña, wildlife rehabilitator at the Centre for the Recovery of Wild Fauna in Torreferrusa and associate professor at the UAB.
19.30 h. End of the act.
Later, the exhibition will tour, in addition to other places, the eighteen municipalities of the Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve.
- From 11 July to 15 August 2018: Rectoria del Brull.
- From 17 August to 16 September 2018: Espai Montseny Viladrau.
- From 18 September to 1 November 2018: Can Casades (Fogars de Montclús).
- From 6 to 26 November 2018: Biblioteca Pompeu Fabra (Riells i Viabrea).
- From 30 November to 15 January 2018: Masia Can Figueres (Gualba).
- From 13 January to 18 February 2019: Edifici del Rellotge (Barcelona).
- From 19 February to 18 March 2019: Escola Vallmanya (Sant Esteve de Palautordera).
- From 19 March to 15 April 2019: Centre d'Informació de La Mongia (Sant Pere de Vilamajor).
- From 16 April to 19 May 2019: Els Forns, Centre Cultural i d'Informació Turística (Breda).
- From 20 May to 17 June 2019: Museu Etonològic del Montseny. La Gabella (Arbúcies).