Montseny Newt Newsletter
Technical conference in Santa Perpetua de la Mogoda
28/03/2017 11:08 h.A technical day for the conservation of the Montseny newt took place at the Wild Fauna Recovery Centre in Torreferrussa.
On 27 March 2017, a technical day for the conservation of the Montseny newt took place at the Wild Fauna Recovery Centre in Torreferrussa (Santa Perpetua de la Mogoda).
The day began at 9 a.m. with the reception of the attendees and delivery of documentation. After the presentation, five presentations were made by specialists in the field:
- The newt of Montseny. Description and general state of stocks. Mr. Felix Amat. Scientific Collaborator of the Natural Science Museum of Granollers.
- Life Tritó Montseny Program and habitat conservation. Mr. Daniel Guinart. Biologist of the Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve of Montseny. Technical Coordinator of Life Tritó Montseny.
- Genetics applied to the conservation of the Montseny newt. Mr. Emilio Valbuena-Ureña. Fauna Rehabilitator at the Wild Fauna Recovery Centre (CRFS) in Torreferrussa. Associate Professor at the Zoology Unit of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- Pathologies in wild populations of amphibians. Mrs. Elena Obon. Veterinary of the CRFS of Torreferrussa.
- Ex-situ conservation programme for the Montseny newt. Mr. Francesc Carbonell. Coordinator of the Projects area of the CRFS of Torreferrussa.
Before the end of the day, a visit was made to the facilities of the ex-situ conservation program of the Wild Fauna Recovery Center of Torreferrussa.
The day ended at 3 pm.