The newt comes to school
01/02/2019 01:38 h.
The Life Tritó Montseny project exhibition reaches schoolchildren, hand in hand with the park rangers.
Toni Álvarez, forest ranger of the Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve, brings the project's exhibition to primary school students. Toni visits the schools of the municipalities where the exhibition of the newt of Montseny is carried out.
On 14 January he visited the Aqua Alba school in Gualba to present the exhibition to fourth graders, who showed great interest in expanding their knowledge of the Montseny newt. Toni valued very positively the good knowledge that the students had of this amphibian and the habitat where it lives. After the theoretical presentation, all together visited the exhibition of the Montseny newt that was temporarily located in the Masia Can Figueres (Gualba).
On February 12, a second school visit took place. This time it was at the Vallmanya school, in Sant Esteve de Palautordera. Toni Álvarez explains the project to the pupils of two classes in the third year of primary school, who also showed great interest in learning more about the species and the habitat where it lives.
Students at the newt exhibition. Photo: Vallmanya school
The third school visit took place on Friday 10 May to the fourth grade pupils of the Montseny school, in the town of Breda. This time, the presentation was made coinciding with the fact that the exhibition was located in the Centre Cultural Els Forns. Toni also appreciates this visit very positively.
With the title "My name is Calotriton and I only live in Montseny", this exhibition is made up of eight panels and a scale reproduction of the Montseny newt that will help us to get to know this species which is an endemism of the torrents of the Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve.
The exhibition will visit, among other places, the eighteen municipalities of the Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve.
- From 11 July to 15 August 2018: Rectoria del Brull.
- From 17 August to 16 September, 2018: Espai Montseny Viladrau.
- From 18 September to 1 November 2018: Can Casades (Fogars de Montclús).
- From 6 to 26 November 2018: Pompeu Fabra Library (Riells i Viabrea).
- From 30 November to 16 December 2018: Masia Can Figueres (Gualba).
- From 13 January to 18 February 2019: Edifici del Rellotge (Barcelona).
- From 19 February to 18 March 2019: Escola Vallmanya (Sant Esteve de Palautordera).
- From 19 March to 15 April 2019: Centre d'Informació de La Mongia (Sant Pere de Vilamajor).
- From 16 April to 13 May 2019: Els Forns, Centre Cultural i d'Informació Turística (Breda).
- From 14 May to 17 June 2019: Museu Etnològic del Montseny. La Gabella (Arbúcies).