Montseny's newt reaches schools!
15/01/2019 01:38 h.The Life Tritó Montseny project exhibition reaches schoolchildren, hand in hand with the park rangers.
Toni Álvarez, forest ranger of the Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve, brings the project's exhibition to primary school students. Yesterday he visited the Aqua Alba school in Gualba and explained the project to the fourth graders. All showed great interest in learning more about the Montseny newt. Toni valued very positively the good knowledge that the students had of this amphibian and the habitat in which it lives.
All together, they visited the exhibition of the Montseny newt that is temporarily located in the Masia Can Figueres (Gualba).
With the title "My name is Calotriton and I only live in Montseny", this exhibition is made up of eight panels and a scale reproduction of the Montseny newt that will help us to get to know this species which is an endemism of the torrents of the Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve.
The exhibition will visit, among other places, the eighteen municipalities of the Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve.
Calendar of locations:
- From 11 July to 15 August 2018: Recotoria del Brull.
- From 17 August to 16 September 2018: Espai Montseny Viladrau.
- From 18 September to 1 November 2018: Can Casadas (Fogars de Montclús).
- From 6 to 26 November 2018: Pompeu Fabra Library (Riells and Viabrea).
- From 30 November to 16 December 2018: Masia Can Figueres (Gualba).
- From 13 January to 15 February 2019: Edifici del Rellotge (Barcelona).