Evolution of the project Life Tritó Montseny
27/11/2019 14:20 h.
In the project we have Iñaki Relanzón, a photographer specialising in nature images
During the course of the project, the need for a quality photographic background arose. It is for this reason, and knowing the professional career of Iñaki Relanzón, that the Diputació de Barcelona established a contract with this photographer to carry out the photographic monitoring of the newt in the Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve (included in the Natura 2000 Network) during the life of the Life project.
Iñaki Relanzón is involved in the group of international photographers gathered under the paradigm "Photography and Conservation", scrupulously committed to the conservation of the planet's unique habitats and ecosystems, and has focused his efforts on documenting endangered species around the world. He is also an active member of the ILCP (International League of Conservation Photographers), a fact that makes him even more unique to carry out these tasks.
Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve. Photo: Iñaki Relanzón
The main areas photographed during the project would be:
- Montseny Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve.
- Installations of the Barcelona Zoo.
- Forestal Catalana facilities (in Torreferrussa and Pont de Suert).
- Scientific monitoring work and works in the territory.
- Dissemination events, promotion of the Life Tritó Montseny project: inauguration of facilities, exhibitions, conferences, etc.
Follow-up work in a torrent of Montseny. Photo: Iñaki Relanzón
The objectives derived from this contract are:
- To carry out a photographic follow-up not only of the newt of Montseny, but also of the entire management project that is being carried out around it during the duration of the project (four years). It aims to show and disseminate the value of the species and the management efforts that are carried out both in situ and ex situ to understand the importance of its conservation.
- Support the work of the project teams, acting as a bridge between them and the general public, with the photographic illustration of the species.
- Provide the project with a graphic background with photographs that illustrate all its communicative actions in any platform and medium.
- Establish complicities and synergies with the project managers and specialists in the species.
- Contribute to the diffusion of the species and the project, through the channels with which the photographer usually works (web, talks, social networks, publications, etc.).
Follow-up work. Photo: Iñaki Relanzón
Montseny's newt. Photo: Iñaki Relanzón