Slider 3


LIFE15 NAT/ES/000757

Project of conservation of an only species to the world



Evolution of the project Life Tritó Montseny


Asset Publisher

Life Trito Montseny Press conference

23/02/2017 12:09 h.

This February has taken place the presentation of the project Life Trito of the Montseny (Calotriton arnoldi) at the Barcelona Zoo

The Diputació de Barcelona, the Generalitat de Catalunya (through the Department of Territory and Sustainability and Forestal Catalana), the Diputació de Girona and the Zoo of Barcelona are the project's partners.

This project, coordinated by the Barcelona Provincial Council, aims to improve the conservation status of amphibians and their riverside habitat and will last four years, until December 2020. The project, with a budget of EUR 2.97 million, 60% of which comes from the European Union and the remaining 40% from the partners, was presented at the Barcelona Zoo (where there is an amphibian breeding centre), by representatives of the different institutions and organisations involved.
This amphibian (Calotriton arnoldi) is a critically endangered species listed by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and is one of the two most endangered amphibians in Europe, along with a frog endemic to the Greek island of Karpathos (Pelophylax cerigensis). Along these lines, the Life Trito del Montseny project seeks to improve the conservation status of amphibians and their riverbank habitat.



Your privacy is our priority

To protect your privacy, before continuing we want to make sure that you know that, both we and our collaborators, use some cookies on the website to facilitate its use:

  • Own and third parties for statistical purposes, with which no user information is collected nor access IP addresses are recorded.
  • Our own and third parties to guarantee basic functioning, such as the user session, and personalization aspects, such as the language of our pages.
    We save the acceptance of cookies for 30 days to improve the browsing experience. Remember that you can delete cookies from your browser.
  • From third parties to show you information from our social networks, such as Facebook, X, YouTube, etc. By accessing these websites you can decide whether or not you accept their privacy and cookie policies.

More information